WBZO OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
Billy Joel’s Christmas Cash Song of the Day Contest
As of 11/6/13
1) ELIGIBILITY. No purchase is necessary to enter, and all contests on WBZO-FM are open to all persons age 18 and over, unless otherwise specified in contest-specific rules. Employees and families of Connoisseur Media, its affiliates, other radio stations, record companies, and participating sponsors and their affiliates are not eligible.
2) GENERAL PRIZE INFORMATION. One winner per household per thirty (30) days. Winners of prizes valued at more than six hundred dollars ($600) must wait a total of six (6) months before becoming eligible to win additional prizes from WBZO-FM. Qualifiers must reside or be employed within the geographic listening area of WBZO-FM. Prize winners must present valid identification and proof of age to claim prize. Winner is subject to state, local, and federal taxes where applicable. If for any reason the winner is unable to utilize the prize on the dates given, subsequent draws will be made until a qualified winner is drawn. Prizes are non-transferable, and no substitute prizes will be awarded under any circumstances. Prizes may not be substituted or redeemed for cash. Prizes may be claimed at least twenty-four (24) hours after winning, and within thirty (30) days, at 234 Airport Plaza Boulevard, Suite 5, Farmingdale, NY 11735. Pick-up hours are Business Days, Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm. In the event of any disagreement regarding contestants, winners or qualification of winners, or adequacy or value of the prize, the decision of Connoisseur Media shall remain final. All prizes will be awarded. Prize winners must sign hold harmless and indemnity agreement, agreeing to hold WBZO-FM, its licensee, and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents, and representatives of each of them harmless against any and all claims of liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or contest. Void where prohibited.
RELEASE. By entering a contest on WBZO-FM, each participant in the contest, including all winners, acknowledge that WBZO-FM and Connoisseur Media will have the right to reproduce, publicize, and broadcast his or her name, likeness, and all matters incidental thereto without compensation. Anytime the on-air studio is called, it is assumed by the caller that the phone call is being recorded and may be broadcast. The caller grants permission to WBZO to broadcast the call or record the call for later broadcast
3) CONTEST-SPECIFIC RULES. All rules specific to individual contests are created by WBZO-FM Management, and its legal council if necessary. Decision of Connoisseur Media management with regard to rules, specifications, qualifiers, winners, and prizes, is final.
- How to play:
a) Contestants must tune to B103 (103.1 FM), weekdays between 9:00am EDT and 5:00pm EST, beginning 11/6/13 and ending 11/27/13.
b) Contestants must listen for the “Billy Joel’s Christmas Cash Song of the Day”. When you hear it, be the twentieth (20th) caller at 631-955-1031. The twentieth (20) caller will win the daily cash prize of $103.00 USD and instant eligibility for the Grand Prize Billy Joel concert experience.
- There will be a total of one (1) cash winner per day for sixteen (16) weekdays and one (1) final Grand Prize concert experience winner.
c) Grand Prize includes:
- 2 lower level concert tickets to see Billy Joel, 12/31/13 at The Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY. (valued at $1100.00 USD)
- Dinner for 2 at Cristiano’s Restaurant in Syosset (valued at $100.00 USD)
- Total Grand Prize value: $1200.00 USD.
d) Alternate methods of entry:
- Online entry:
- Contestants can visit www.B103.com and follow the links to the “Billy Joel’s Christmas Cash Song of the Day” contest.
- Complete the electronic entry form completely and click submit. The entry will be eligible for the Grand Prize only and no cash prizes.
i. Entry will automatically enroll the contestant into the B103 All Access Club. Membership is free and can be cancelled at anytime.
- Text entry:
- Using your mobile device, text the word “billy” to 64636 (no case sensitivity)
- Text contestants will be asked to join the B103 Mobile Club. Joining will not increase chances of winning.
e) Grand Prize winner selection:
- 1 grand prize winner will be selected from all qualifiers, in the following formula:
- 16 on-air qualifiers will each be eligible for the Grand Prize
- 1 Qualifier will be selected at random from all online entries received
- 1 qualifier will be selected at random from all text entries received
i. Totaling 18 qualifiers eligible for the Concert Experience Grand Prize.
4) In the event the winner is subject to, or the subject of, any order or legal process issued by any governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner (i.e. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien, and the like), WBZO's delivery of the prize to the official representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be thus deemed as WBZO awarding the prize to the winner. WBZO shall be entitled to rely in good faith, upon any documents presented by the representative seeking to collect the prize in lieu of the winner. WBZO shall not be liable for any claim by any winner for damages incidental thereto
5) These are the official contest rules of WBZO-FM. These rules may be subject to change without notice if necessary to comply with the Telecommunications Act of 1996, rules and regulations of the FCC, or any applicable law.
For a free copy of these rules, or a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to:
234 Airport Plaza Boulevard
Farmingdale, NY 11735