WBZO OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
Beatle Month Contest
As of 2/20/14
1) ELIGIBILITY. No purchase is necessary to enter, and all contests on WBZO-FM are open to all persons age 18 and over, unless otherwise specified in contest-specific rules. Employees and families of Connoisseur Media, its affiliates, other radio stations, record companies, and participating sponsors and their affiliates are not eligible.
2) GENERAL PRIZE INFORMATION. One winner per household per thirty (30) days. Winners of prizes valued at more than six hundred dollars ($600) must wait a total of six (6) months before becoming eligible to win additional prizes from WBZO-FM. Qualifiers must reside or be employed within the geographic listening area of WBZO-FM. Prize winners must present valid identification and proof of age to claim prize. Winner is subject to state, local, and federal taxes where applicable. If for any reason the winner is unable to utilize the prize on the dates given, subsequent draws will be made until a qualified winner is drawn. Prizes are non-transferable, and no substitute prizes will be awarded under any circumstances. Prizes may not be substituted or redeemed for cash. Prizes may be claimed at least twenty-four (24) hours after winning, and within thirty (30) days, at 234 Airport Plaza Boulevard, Suite 5, Farmingdale, NY 11735. Pick-up hours are Business Days, Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm. In the event of any disagreement regarding contestants, winners or qualification of winners, or adequacy or value of the prize, the decision of Connoisseur Media shall remain final. All prizes will be awarded. Prize winners must sign hold harmless and indemnity agreement, agreeing to hold WBZO-FM, its licensee, and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents, and representatives of each of them harmless against any and all claims of liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or contest. Void where prohibited.
RELEASE. By entering a contest on WBZO-FM, each participant in the contest, including all winners, acknowledge that WBZO-FM and Connoisseur Media will have the right to reproduce, publicize, and broadcast his or her name, likeness, and all matters incidental thereto without compensation. Anytime the on-air studio is called, it is assumed by the caller that the phone call is being recorded and may be broadcast. The caller grants permission to WBZO to broadcast the call or record the call for later broadcast
3) CONTEST-SPECIFIC RULES. All rules specific to individual contests are created by WBZO-FM Management, and its legal council if necessary. Decision of Connoisseur Media management with regard to rules, specifications, qualifiers, winners, and prizes, is final.
4) How to play:
- Contestants must tune to B103 (103.1 FM), weekdays, between 9:00am EST and 5:00pm EST, beginning 2/3/14 and ending 3/14/14 and listen for the “Beatle Month Song of the Day”.
- When you hear it, call the B103 contest line at 631-955-1031.
- The “Beatle Month Song of the Day” will be identified, weekdays, between 6am and 9am.
- Contestants can also see the “Beatle Month Song of the Day” on B103.com for the entire month.
- The twenty first (21) caller will be deemed a qualifier and will receive a CD, or other comparable qualifying prize.
- Each qualifier will be eligible to win the Grand Prizes.
- Grand Prize will be selected by random draw from all qualifiers.
- One (1) total Grand Prizes will be awarded.
- The Grand Prize winner will receive a pair of tickets to see RINGO STARR AND HIS ALL STAR BAND at the NYCB Theatre at Westbury, Wednesday, June 11th & a trip for 2 to Florida. Plus, round-trip air transportation for two, New York to Fort Lauderdale, FL and four nights’ accommodations at CROWNE PLAZA HOLLYWOOD BEACH HOTEL.
- Grand Prize is valued at $1,600.00 USD
- Alternate ways to qualify to win:
- Weekend Contests
i. Contestants must tune to B103 (103.1 FM), weekends, beginning 2/3/14 and ending 3/14/14.
ii. Listen each hour for the B103 “Designated Hit”
- “Designated Hits” will be identified by the on-air personality and will play within the hour.
- “Designated Hits” may change each hour and will be identified
iii. When you hear it, call the B103 contest line at 631-955-1031.
iv. The twenty first (21) caller will be deemed a qualifier and will receive a CD or comparable qualifying prize.
- All weekend qualifiers will be in the running for the Grand Prize as outlined above.
- Text to win
i. Tune your radio to 103.1, B103, weekdays, beginning 2/3/14 and ending 3/14/14 between 9am and 5pm.
ii. Listen for the “B103 Beatle Month” keyword of the day
iii. When you hear it, text it to B103 at 64636. Your entry will be captured and you’ll be eligible to qualify to win.
- All qualifiers will be notified via a phone call
- A total of five (5) text entries will selected by random draw and deemed qualifiers
- All qualifiers will receive a CD or comparable qualifying prize.
- All text to win qualifiers will be in the running for the Grand Prize as outlined above.
- Grand Prize winner must be present to win.
5) In the event the winner is subject to, or the subject of, any order or legal process issued by any governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner (i.e. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien, and the like), WBZO's delivery of the prize to the official representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be thus deemed as WBZO awarding the prize to the winner. WBZO shall be entitled to rely in good faith, upon any documents presented by the representative seeking to collect the prize in lieu of the winner. WBZO shall not be liable for any claim by any winner for damages incidental thereto
6) These are the official contest rules of WBZO-FM. These rules may be subject to change without notice if necessary to comply with the Telecommunications Act of 1996, rules and regulations of the FCC, or any applicable law.
For a free copy of these rules, or a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to:
234 Airport Plaza Boulevard
Farmingdale, NY 11735